Rail fares are too high but that's not the only improvement that could be made to our network. In this section find out about:
Local transport has a vital part to play in helping transport become more sustainable. In this section find out about
Moving goods around puts a lot of heavy lorries on roads that were not designed for them. We think there are better options. In this section find out about the dangers of longer lorries and our sister campaign Freight on Rail.
Giving up our flying habit is a key part of reducing emissions from transport. In this section find out about how we think air travel can be reduced.
We think that transport policy should promote seamless, integrated transport that works for everyone. We've carried out projects to find out how this might work. In this section find out about
Large cuts in transport emissions of carbon dioxide are essential if the UK is to meet its climate change targets. And that means making radical changes in our transport lifestyle. These changes would also boost the green economy, increase energy security, support healthier lifestyles and create stronger communities.
Local campaigners' stories
We support hundreds of local campaigners who are improving transport for communities up and down the country. Here are some of their stories:
- Katja calls for better cycling infrastructure in Newcastle
- Barry and friends help to publicise rail and bus services in Lincolnshire
- Andrea's group tried Crowdfunding to support their legal case against a new road
- Pauline helped to save her local bus
- Victoria campaigns for sustainable transport in Bedfordshire
- Dennis is working to reopen a rail line to passengers
- Sean helped to win a new cycle bridge
- David and friends are improving transport in Nottinghamshire