Our road campaigners Sian Berry and Chris Todd are here to help with advice on campaigning, funding, finding other campaigners in your area and any other advice you need on mobilising against road-building in your area.
- Campaigner's guide to stopping damaging roads - our comprehensive new campaign guide
- Factsheets - from our 2014 conference, key facts and arguments against road proposals
- How to contact the media - our Press Officer's guide to getting your campaign into the headlines
- Client Earth's Clean Air Handbook is a guide to all aspects of the law on air pollution and your rights to information and public participation in decisions, and access to justice when things go wrong
Roads to Nowhere online:
Air pollution map:
Our map of UK Air Quality Management Areas helps campaigners identify where road proposals will add to pollution in areas already suffering from a lack of clean air. Explore the map below, or click on the link above for a larger version where you can also download the map data for re-use.
Borrow our banners:
We have a range of lightweight mesh banners suitable for protests, camps, backdrops for meetings, banner drops and many other uses. Invite our campaigners to join you at your events and we will bring them along, or we can get them sent over in the post even if we can't make it.
- 'No new road' - 7.5m x 1.5m
- 'Save our countryside' or 'No more choking traffic' - 2.75m x 0.9m
- 'New roads create new traffic' and 'Better buses not bigger roads' - 2.3m x 1.5m
Get in touch with Chris to find out more:
Stories and tips from local campaigners
Another Road to Nowhere logo:
As well as our main ‘Roads to Nowhere’ logo, we’ve also created a version that says ‘Another Road to Nowhere’, which is under a creative commons licence (cc-nc for non-commercial use) for local groups and campaigns.
Show you're part of a growing movement and put it on your website, postcards, placards and anything else you like. Editable artwork is also available if you want to adapt it and change the words to create a logo for your campaign.
Find the image files here:
- Editable eps artwork file (1MB)
- High res png file with transparency (178KB)
- High res jpeg file with white background (826KB)
- 200px web png file with transparency (11KB)
- 200px web jpeg file with white background (43KB)
From other organisations:
Friends of the Earth's Transport Hub is a joint project with Campaign for Better Transport where local campaigners can share ideas, resources and news:
CPRE has a clear and helpful site devoted to giving advice on planning applications:http://planninghelp.org.uk/