In the coming year this is the work we plan to do to protect sustainable transport:
- Ask the Government for investment and support for rail, including new and reopened links and stations
- Continue to campaign for simple and affordable train tickets
- Campaign for national funding for better buses for all, especially those who need them most
- Fight unnecessary road building, for instance by showing how privatised and toll roads won’t work
- Spread best local practice by supporting local campaigners and championing good work by councils
We've recently published our annual review. Last year our work resulted in:
- The Government agreeing to conduct a full review of rail fares
- A successful legal challenge against the removal of funding for buses
- Dozens of great, green transport projects around the country, funded by the Local Sustainable Transport Fund
- Traffic-busting improvements to the Government's National Planning Policy Framework
- Funding for stretches of railway to be reopened such as the Todmorden Curve between Burnley and Manchester
Of course there is much still to be done.
Our work is made possible by many thousands of people: people like you, who care about community, transport and the environment, who take part in our actions and support us through vital donations. That's why we want to hear what you think of our recent work and upcoming plans. How are we doing? Please let us know by filling in the form below. Thank you.
Download our annual review